The Mentoring Connection Web-based Tool
The Mentoring Connection (TMC) is a web-based delivery system developed to offer business, government and non-profit organizations a comprehensive, effective and efficient means of establishing and operating formal mentoring programs and partnerships.
Through the use of sophisticated data management tools, TMC can streamline administrative and processing operations while maintaining the personal aspects so critical to effective mentoring programs. The Mentoring Connection helps reduce hands-on administration and processing and can provide significant savings in staff costs.Mentoring Programs Without the Hassle
Whether you have an established mentoring program, or are just launching a new one, The Mentoring Connection
can offer the following enhancements to your program:
- Quicker implementation of a formalized mentoring program. Mentors and mentorees apply to the mentoring program on-line by completing an application form that includes a biographical profile. TMC collects this important data to make selections, facilitate future matches and track the relationship after these matches have been made.
- Easier, more effective matching of mentors and mentorees. The success of a formal mentoring program is dependent upon a carefully orchestrated selection and matching process. There are a variety of ways to match participants. These methods range from formal matches by an outside committee/task force to a more informal one that encompasses one's own mentoring philosophy. TMC assists organizations in matching mentors with mentorees by collecting vital information and then employing a dynamic scoring system to match mentorees with an appropriate mentor. Every effort is made to match mentorees with someone who can best support their developmental needs.
- Give mentorees and mentors the opportunity to connect with each other virtually prior to matching process. With the workplace existing in a growing virtual world, geographical distances can become a challenge. TMC’s Virtual Speed Mentoring Platform will prevent those geographical distances from becoming an obstacle and gives participants a powerful way to meet mentoring prospects prior to committing to and finalizing a formal mentoring partnership.
- Insightful self and 360 multi-rater feedback. Most mentoring programs begin with developmental feedback. Confidential self and multi-rater feedback provides employees an opportunity to target developmental needs and goals and in turn develop effective learning plans. TMC supports two popular assessment tools: The Success Triangle (a multi-rater feedback system) and TTI Success Insights® (a DISC self-assessment).
- Less hands-on administration and processing. An on-line Mentoring Action Plan and Mentoring Agreement provide a roadmap for keeping partnerships on track and on target. The plans are based on an individual assessment of the mentorees' needs and are supported by adequate resources and an active mentoring partnership. Program Coordinators can use this feature to forecast funding requirements as well as analyze the collective training needs of the mentoring group.
- Communication with Program Coordinators and other participants. An on-line forum for mentors, mentorees and Program Coordinators provides them the tool to stay connected through a threaded discussion style bulletin board.
- Efficient online scheduling of mentoring activities. An on-line calendar of events provides the Program Coordinators an opportunity to post upcoming events and developmental opportunities.
- Program evaluations that keep you on top of progress and problems. Continual evaluation of the development process is an integral part of a successful mentoring program. Consistent monitoring will ensure that pro-active adjustments are made to the program design to facilitate further success. Therefore, there are two critical checkpoints: at the mid-point and conclusion. TMC provides an on-line evaluation process that collects information that clearly determines what aspects of the program are successful and what areas could benefit from a mid-course correction or adjustment.
- More efficient collection and storage of data and resource materials. TMC offers an on-line newsletter highlighting mentoring success stories and lessons learned. In addition, TMC has a Library where Program Coordinators can post Articles, Workbooks, PowerPoint Presentations and other key resource materials that offer mentoring tips and techniques.
- Accessible, secure and complete privacy for all information. TMC provides the infrastructure, including hardware, software, data-encryption certification through Verisign (to protect personal information). TMC has been verified to meet all U.S. Section 508 guidelines.