Strategic Career Management
In the past decade alone, there has been a drastic shift from the traditional workplace to one that is mobile, global and continuously evolving at almost the speed of sound! To stay competitive, employees must also continuously evolve and adapt themselves to current trends and new directions. Success now will depend on how well they can identify their strengths and the value they bring to the organization. While many organizations can create an environment for employee development, the strategic career planner is relentless when pursuing their career goals and will invest time and energy ensuring that their skills meet the strategic needs of the organization and the industry.
Strategic Career Management provides the framework and tools to help participants manage their professional development while increasing their contribution to the organization. With the knowledge gained from this workshop, employees will be able to find their niche in the organization and make a tremendous impact in their career!
Each participant will receive a DISC assessment to be completed on-line 10 days prior to the Strategic Career Management workshop.
Create a Niche and Competitive Edge
- Clarify career goals.
- Assess unique strengths and contributions to the organization.
- Explore the connection between values and job satisfaction.
- Build an effective work portfolio.
- Learn how to build strategic alliances within and outside the organization.
- Improve networking skills.
- Understand the purpose and power of successful mentoring connections.
- Build a win / win relationship with the boss.
- Understand the impact of industry trends and how to prepare for the future.
- Identify viable or at risk positions in the current organization and industry.
- Align career goals with the internal and external forces that influence success in today's work environment.
- Learn how the mind, body and emotions impact your reputation and credibility in the workplace.
- Learn wellness strategies and how to protect your assets.
- Explore methods for honing and sustaining your competitive edge.
- Create a vision for the future.
- Explore financial wants and needs and make wise career decisions.
- Establish a personal business plan.
Each participant will receive a workbook entitled Strategic Career Planning and a series of career assessments (Career Anchors and the DISC on-line assessment and accompanying TTI Success Insights® report). The assessment tools are designed to help clarify individual strengths and value to the organization.